a plethora of randomness.


Hello, all! So, it was birthday weekend this weekend. Thus the lack of 30 day blog challenge yesterday. And the day before. And the day before THAT. Whoops. So today, you get  four in one day...AGAIN!(well, last time it was three, but you get the picture.) Sometime this week I'm going to do a nice little recap of my birthday weekend. You will not be disappointed, TRUST ME. This was my best birthday, by far. Now, on to the blog challenge!

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 14: a picture of you last year. how have you changed?

last day of high school, holla!


A year ago, I had just turned 18. I was just about to graduate from high school. It was a really good time in my life. A year later, the day after my 19th birthday, SO many things, including me, have changed. I think they're all in a good way though... let's see...

-I'm in college now. (duh)
-I just look older.
-I've learned to tame the frizz. (kinda.)
-I actually wear makeup now.
-I lost a boyfriend.
-my closet looks a lot more like a grown up's now.
-my sleeping habits have only gotten worse.
-I'm not vegan anymore... just vegetarian. (that's gonna change soon. more on that later though!)
-my best friends Allie and Pruthvi left me to go away to college. (this is the worst one!)
-I got a job at Target.
-I learned to knit.

and I'm just more mature now. I think. As mature as I can be... I mean, come on. It's me we're talking about. 

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 15: favorite Bible verse.

Since it's not in my fashion to only choose one thing, I'm giving you a few different verses that I love...

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful." Peter 1: 3-5

"Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry business and make money.' Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." James 13-15 

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord, your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

There are a billion more verse that I love, but these are just some that I've really been liking lately. Also...

source
that just kills me. haha!


30 Day Blog Challenge:  Day 16: your siblings.
Oh my. My siblings. I have three: Cory, Chelsey, and Owen. And a brother-in-law who is basically like a brother to me, named Jeremy!

left to right: Chelsey, me, Owen, and Cory.
we're nutso.
I love my siblings more than anything. They are the weirdest, and the funniest. There's an ongoing war in my family... it's the pasties versus the tannies. Cory and I are the pasties. Chelsey and Owen are the tannies.

graduation day. :)

dancing at my sister's wedding!
My oldest sibling, Cory, is one heck of a person. He's in the Air Force, and he does something fancy with GPS and satellites. He's explained it to me before, buuuuuut... I never really pay attention. Whoops. His favorite phrase is, "Shut up, Sophie." I would be offended, but he says it in the funniest way. He drives like a grandma (I take after him in that regard). I look a whole lot like him, more so than my tan counterparts. He is sassy, and sort of hilarious. Just earlier today he shoved a cupcake in my face. His favorite pastime is to hassle me, I'm sure of it. 

Yesterday, he ran the Warrior Dash. He had to jump over fire, and crawl through a pit of mud, amongst other various obstacles... he completely rocked it! I really couldn't have asked for a better big brother. Such a good role model!


Next up is my big seester Chelsey.


Chelsey is probably the funniest person I know. We talk to each other in Russian accents. People tell us all the time that we look exactly alike, but I hardly see it. She understands me better than ANYONE. We read each other's minds. Last summer, she married her boyfriend of like, a hundred years. You can read about their adorable story here, on her blog. It's the most wonderful story in the world, and I admire them so much. Chelsey works at a daycare, molding little minds. And changing diapers. Lots of diapers. We have a really weird relationship in that she punches me in the stomach and I giggle about it. It's just how we roll. She is my tan counterpart, and one of my favorite people.


the prettiest bride, eva.
Last but not least, my baby brother Owen.

This little dude is 14 and about to be a freshman in high school. I have no idea how that happened. It feels like just yesterday we were playing with Star Wars action figures together. And doll house people. Yeah, we were very open to playing with each other's toys. As much as we argue, I really do love him a lot. Lately, he's been showing signs of becoming a little gentleman! It's crazy. He spends most of his time either reading or playing video games. Or watching Hawaii 5-0. He's obsessed with that show. Like the rest of my family, he would rather sit at home on a Friday night, than go out. We're introverted like that. For being a 14 year old, he gives the best advice. He's so insightful. Also, he's my own personal fashion consultant. Usually I end up ignoring his advice... I still like asking though. He's the best!

and there is all of us, on my birthday. 
30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 17: put your iPod on shuffle... first 10 songs?
1. Cosmic Love- Florence & the Machine
2. Eine Kleine Nactmusik, Adante- Mozart
3. Out on The Town- fun.
4. Us and Them- The Chamber Orchestra of London (Downton Abbey Soundtrack)
5. Cameras- Matt & Kim
6. Soft Skeletons- Anberlin
7. Volcano-Damien Rice
8. All Alright- fun.
9. After The Storm- Mumford & Sons
10. Got It All (This Can't Be Living Now)-Portugal. The Man

And that's that for this blog post! I WILL be back tomorrow with day 18 of the challenge, and I'll post about birthday weekend funsies sometime this week, promise! xoxo, Sophie

No comments:

leave me a love note. it'll make my day.