i leaf autumn.

"Delicious autumn! 
My very soul is wedded to it, 
and if I were a bird 
I would fly about the earth 
seeking the successive autumns."
George Eliot

I am so, so ready for autumn. I have my boots, leg warmers, and tights all ready to go for the first brisk day. Don't get me wrong, I love summer and the other seasons... I just love fall more. What is there NOT to love about it? All the leaves are gorgeous, the weather isn't too hot, or too cold... it's perfect exploring weather. It's the beginning of school, such a wonderful time. There's such an excitement in the beginning of school that the middle or end of it can never match. And don't even get me started on pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. I'm drooling just thinking about it. If anything tastes like autumn, it's pumpkin-y things. I love Thanksgiving, and the anticipation of winter. And there's a certain smell about fall that really gets me. All good things happen in autumn. I certainly believe that. Also, nothing beats the wonderful clothes and muted colors that accompany fall. Dresses, scarves, cardigans, boots, leg warmers...oh my. There are so many possibilities!  Autumn, you are my favorite and I love absolutely everything about you. I can't wait to see you.

(source)

No comments:

leave me a love note. it'll make my day.