"simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

My life is cluttered. I'll admit it. My room perpetually looks like the Tazmanian Devil had his way with it. I get it clean, only for it to look like a disaster a few days later. Whenever I get it looking clean, I always pledge that I'll never let it get the way it was before, again.

What a load of poop.

It always ends up being a mess again. And when it's messy, It's always in the back of my mind. It gives me anxiety.

It always puzzled me as to why it looks a wreck so quickly after I clean it. Well, it's simple really. I have too much stuff. Way too much. And a lot of it doesn't even serve a real purpose. It's unnecessary, and it stresses me to no avail.

Whenever I feel overwhelmed by the amount of things I own, a quote from a book I read a long time ago (I don't even remember the name of the book) pops into my mind.

"Simplify your life."

It's a simple quote in and of itself, but it holds a lot of weight. I've been trying to live as simply as possible, but lately, turmoil and clutter have been weighing me down. I need to remove the things that don't bring me positive energy... whether it be useless things, malignant people, or whatever, if it doesn't bring me joy or serve a purpose, it's gone.

                                                                                                                                                                             "Clutter is stuck energy.
                                                                                                                                   The word clutter derives from the Middle English word "clotter,"
                                                                                                                                                                        which means to coagulate -
                                                                                                                                              and that's about as stuck as you can get."


                                                                                                                                  "The more you have, the more you are occupied.
                                                                                                                                               The less you have, the more free you are."


                                                                                                                                                                   "Out of clutter, find simplicity,
                                                                                                                                                                      From discord, find harmony,
                                                                                                                                          In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity."

No comments:

leave me a love note. it'll make my day.