all things abe lincoln, all things wonderful.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. You've probably heard of it. It's that seemingly random movie that just came out. Like really, what kind of crazy comes up with a screenplay about a beloved president SLAYING VAMPIRES? WHAAAAT?

Au contraire, my friends. What I've been finding out is that a lot of people don't even knows that it was actually a book first. I can hear all of you saying "oooohhhhh, now that makes sense." Yeah, it's much less bizarre in book form.

I'm in the middle of reading this phenomenal book right now. Like, it's worthy of a song. In fact, I just made up a song about how much I love this book. I'll spare you though. Back to my point. IT'S AMAZING AND I WANT TO MARRY ABRAHAM LINCOLN. THERE, I SAID IT. I've heard people say the movie is laughably bad, BUT that's probably because they didn't read the book. You always read the book first. That's like the number one rule in the Sophie Guide to Living Book.*

I have yet to see the movie, as I am in the middle of the book right now. But expect a full in-depth movie review from me when I do see it.  I am just eating this book up right now. Lincoln is such a cool cat and I want to give him the biggest hug. Since that's impossible, I will parade around in a Lincoln shirt, and hang pictures of him on my walls. And also declare my love for him to any poor soul who can't get away from me in time.

Most girls in my age group are crazy, insane fan girls for Bieber, but me? Lincoln. Always Lincoln.
I took this bad boy when I was in D.C. in March.
It was incredibly moving.

Awesome points awarded for this: 100 billion.
I see a sequel in our future... "Abraham Linoln: T-Rex Tamer."


I'll take five of these, thanks.

There's also one that says "Honest Abe." My
future children are such luckies.

CUTEST. PRINT. EEEVVVEERRR. I will promptly be hanging this in my room.

A portrait of young Abe. Is it just me, or is he completely handsome and debonair? 

*Watch out for this book, coming to Barnes &Nobles near you. ONE DAY IT WILL BE A REQUIREMENT FOR EVERYONE TO CARRY THIS AROUND. IT. WILL.

**all photos taken from etsy. if you search "abraham lincoln" you can find them, easy peasy. except for the first. that's mine. all mine. 


                                                                                                                                                                       be sure you put your feet in
                                                                                                                                               the right place. Then stand firm.


                                                                                                                                                                don't worry when you are not
                                                                                                                              recognized. But strive to be worthy of recognition.


                                                                                                                                                      whatever you are...be a good one.
       
                                                                                                                                        and in the end, it's not the years in a life, it's
                                                                                                                                                              the life in the years.

1 comment:

  1. I have been telling you for awhile that he is my hero....love him!

    ReplyDelete