fall, dogs, and red lerpsterk.


You probably can guess what this post is about. YERP. It is about my first day of fall. 

Yesterday was the day of all days. Joe and I (my partner in vintage crime) went estate saling. The first one we went to was sort of awful, and we were harassed by an elderly woman with gray hair, plus pinks streaks and lots of braids, minus her sanity. Yeah. I found a Beach Boys album and a clipboard. I painted said clipboard with chalkboard paint and I'm going to hang it up! Eep! I'm actually super excited about it. The next one we hit up didn't look like it would be anything special. AU CONTRAIRE, MY FRIENDS. AU. FREAKIN. CONTRAIRE. I walked in, and instantly spotted the most beautiful MINT GREEN retro fan. The man who was working that sale saw me snatch it up and was all, "That's a really groovy fan, eh?" The grooviest, long haired friend man. The grooviest. I'm just meandering around this estate sale finding thing after incredible thing with a slightly deranged look on my face. I got the prettiest afghan in so many fall-ish hues. I have an odd obsession with afghans. I also found a beautiful shirt with the prettiest collar... for one dollar. JOKES ON YOU, SUCKERS! I have a beautiful old lady-esque shirt and all they have is one dollar. Then we wandered out into the garage. Oh, te garage. First thing, I saw a record player. I asked the groovy guy how much it was... 10 DOLLARS. 10 DOLLARS. WAT?! The groovy man even let me plug it in to the wall to make sure everything was spinning properly! Which it did. I am now the proud adoptive mama of a record player named Oswald! These things choose us, people. I also found a polaroid camera with film in it for another dollar. I got a few other suhweet old cameras. Yesterday was perfect. Perfect, I tell you.

Also, it's like someone flipped a switch and pulled fall out of their hind end. I'm not complaining, BUT WHERE DID THIS BEAUTIFUL FALL WEATHER COME FROM?!

Kevin and Lulu came for a sleepover while their poor mommy recovers from wisdom teeth taking outing, and this is what happened...

Lulu:  "I am missing so many chromosomes. BUT LOOK  HOW CUTE I AM!"
Kevin:  "MOM, WHERE IS MY MOM. I CARE FOR NOTHING ELSE.  


Kevin says, " hate u guiz. Idiotz."



Still missing those chromosomes, I see.

FREEDOM IS SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR.

" I am laundry. Wut."
Lulu ADORES  him, Kevin  hates  him. But I suspect she really as a crush on  him.
HE IS SO CUTE, EVEN WHEN I CATCH HIM OFF GUARD WITH MY FLASH. 
(please don't yell at me for thisMichael.) 
I tried my  hand at red lipstick! Yerp. 

No comments:

leave me a love note. it'll make my day.